This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

Feb 6, 2007

Verticons and Anime Emoticons

received an entertaining link from a friend today... from Phil Factor's Phrenetic Phoughts.. too bad i didn't come up with this myself. just thought i'd share. (hit the source link for the actual post and code)

Well there I was trying to think of an idea for a blog (u_u) when it suddenly occurred to me (*_*) that I should do a nice little SQL function on Emoticons. It was a happy thought (^_^) which made me smile (n_n). I was amazed (^.^) and astonished (*^*) sometimes incredulous (o_O) at the variety of manga emoticon (verticon) around. Call me an old fool if you like, (>xI'd never felt the need to add emoticons to my writing (ñ_ñ). My problem is in remembering them (O_O). I get a bit confused by them. (p_q) However, I now find them enormously useful *(^O^)* as many people who use english as a second language find my irony, sarcasm, hyperbole and invective entirely incomprehensible. (-_-;) I suspect the other bloggers will be jealous 8(>_<)8 at my new cool powers of communication (ò_ó) I was a bit apprehensive (._.) about the time it would take to write a function to interpret them
True enough, typing them in sas boring (=_=). At one point, I felt sleepy (z_z) and I must have dozed off (-_-) at the keyboard m(_ _)m. I woke up with an inprint of the keyboard on my forehead.(X_X) Glancing around \\(<.<>.>)// I realise I'd still not finished the blog entry (>_<) which made me cross (ò_ó). Oh dear, no blog entry (._.) and the editor would be cross (¬_¬") mad (ò_ó) or angry (>x< !). My readers would, on the other hand, be sad (T_T), possibly even crying (;_;). Well, certainly one or two might be miserable (!_!)
Oh dear, better get on with it (-_-;). Actually it wasn't too hard w(^o^)W, after one got over the initial shock (/_\) so here it is finished (^_~). (^o^)y

source


0 comments: